Belkin Extender Setup via Belkin.range
Sometimes a Wi-Fi connection is not as speedy as it is expected and it does not cover the entire premise. If you also face dead spots at your place then that could be because your home router do not cover the entire premise. The signals transmitted by home router are often disturbed due to obstacles and interference which disconnects the internet in the middle of work. However, with a Belkin range extender in your home, you can never face wireless connectivity issues using Belkin.range setup. With the Belkin extender setup, you will be able to boost the signal strength and enjoy internet connectivity without any kind of interruptions.
Belkin range extender is a device that is capable to handle all kinds of wireless connectivity issues. After completing the Belkin wifi range extender setup using http://belkin.range web address, you will experience the extended coverage of your existing wireless router. Belkin extender is best in class and equipped with latest features to provide high-range Wi-Fi signals. If you have recently brought Belkin range extender, you can take help of this website to understand how to setup Belkin extender. You can find Belkin extender troubleshooting tips if your Belkin extender not working due to some Belkin extender setup issues.
Pre-requisites of Belkin Extender Setup
The best solution to fix slow and laggy wireless signal issue is installing Belkin range extender. Belkin extender setup will transmit wireless signals in each and every corner of your home or office including basement. There are some basic things that one should keep in mind before getting into the Belkin extender login page. You can go through the certain things to take care for a successful Belkin extender installation. These points will help you to avoid Belkin range extender setup issues.
- You should have router and ISP ready with you.
- Make sure you have username and password of your existing password.
- Make sure you have default gateway of Belkin range extender
- A Wi-Fi enable smart device such as computer, laptop, table or Smartphone.
How to log into Belkin Extender
Belkin extenders are well-known for their world-class features and advanced settings. You will never go out of network connectivity once you complete the Belkin range extender setup. It works as a booster which helps you to get connected to the network. Installation and configuration is done after accessing the Belkin extender login page via web address http://Belkin.range setup. There is no need to worry if you have no idea how to log into Belkin extender as the following steps will guide you with it. These points will help you avoid Belkin extender login issues.
- The first step is to unbox your Belkin extender carefully. Take out all the components that came along with your Belkin extender.
- Next, Plug the Belkin extender into a near power outlet and power it on.
- Now, you need to turn on your laptop or computer.
- Click on the networking in the taskbar of your computer.
- Henceforth, find the Belkin network which will be by the name Belkin.setup.
- Now, you need to connect to the Belkin network by entering its passphrase.
- The web browser will now automatically take you to the Belkin extender login page.
- If not, you can enter http://belkin.range in the address bar of the browser. You can even use Belkin extender ip address to get into Belkin extender setup wizard.
- Thereafter, enter the Belkin extender default password and username in the required field and then click on the ‘Login’ option.
How to setup Belkin extender?
There are two methods for the Belkin extender setup. You can choose any one of them for accessing Belkin extender login page and configuring its settings. One method is performing range extender setup using a WPS key. And the other one is using web-browser through Belkin extender IP address or web address http://belkin.range setup.
Belkin Extender Setup WPS
Follow the steps which are given below for the Belkin extender configuration process:
- Press and hold the WPS button on a Belkin range extender for about 5 seconds. You will notice that the WPS LED will start flashing.
- Next, you need to press the WPS on your router.
- Plug your Belkin extender into an electrical outlet.
- Now, on your computer connect the Belkin extender network from the available options.
- Go to http://belkin.range from the web browser of the connected device.
- On the Belkin extender setup page, click on the ‘Get Started’ option.
- Choose a name of your Wi-Fi from the available networks.
- Enter the password and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Choose and enter a network name for your extended network and click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Click on the option ‘Create Extended Network’ and press on the ‘Save’ button.
Belkin extender setup using web-browser
You can use this method to access Belkin extender setup wizard by using Belkin extender default password. Follow these steps for Belkin extender setup.
- Plug the Belkin extender in a power outlet. Make sure your Belkin extender is located within range of router’s wireless network.
- Connect to the Belkin range extender network from your wifi enable device.
- Start a web browser on the connected device and go to http://belkin.range.
- Alternatively, you can use Belkin extender ip address to access the Belkin extender login page.
- On the Belkin extender sign in page, enter the Belkin extender default password in the username.
- After filing the login details you will access the Belkin extender setup wizard.
- Click on the ‘Get Started’ option and look for your router’s SSID.
- Now, select a wireless network you wish to extend and press ‘Ok’ button.
- In the setup wizard of Belkin extender, you can enter the wireless network name and password of your extended network.
- Make all the required changes, click on the ‘save’ button to apply all the changes you made for Belkin extender configuration process.
Belkin extender firmware update
You can go for Belkin extender firmware update, if you want to improve the overall performance of the extender. You can simply go through these below given steps to understand how to update Belkin extender firmware.
- Visit Belkin support site and download the firmware file of your Belkin extender. Save it on your computer.
- Next, visit http://belkin.range setup to enter into the Belkin extender login page.
- Fill in the Belkin extender default password and username and click on the ‘Login’ option.
- On the Belkin extender setup wizard, you need to click on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Click ‘Choose file’ and upload the downloaded file.
- Click ‘Update’
- When a prompt appears, click ‘Ok’ to continue.
- Wait for the Belkin extender firmware update to be completed.
Belkin extender setup issues
If your Belkin extender not working, you can follow these below-given Belkin extender troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
Obstructions like glasses, mirrors, furniture, metal surfaces etc can lead to low or poor signals. Therefore, if any of such objects come between your extender and router, it will cause Belkin extender connectivity issues. Make sure you place your extender at a location where there is less interference & obstructions.
Belkin extender firmware update not only fixes the bugs but it also improves the overall performance of the extender. Therefore, if your Netgear extender not working, you can update its firmware to resolve the issue.
How to reset Belkin extender?
After Belkin extender reset, you will be able to troubleshoot most of the issues.
Belkin extender reset via reset button
- Locate and press the reset button for about 10 seconds with the help of a sharp object when your Belkin extender is switched on.
- Wait a while for the LED to start blinking.
- When the light becomes stable it means that the reset process is completed.
Belkin extender reset via web browser
- Open a web browser and go to http://belkin.range setup.
- Complete the Belkin extender login details.
- On the Belkin extender setup wizard, search for ‘Utility’ and click on ‘Factory default’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Restore factory default’ button and wait for the process to be completed.
If you still face problems with Belkin range extender setup, you can contact our experts. Our technical experts will help you resolve http://belkin.range setup issues. You can do a live chat with our experts or call on their toll-free number and solve Belkin extender login issues.