Belkin range extender keeps flashing orange is a quite common issue faced by the users. When your Belkin extender is blinking orange light, there could be many possible reasons behind it. In this guide, we are going to discuss some tips to fix Belkin range extender orange light issue.
What causes orange light on Belkin extender?
If your Belkin extender keeps flashing orange or yellow light, you can resolve it easily by following some quick tips. But before we can fix the issue, let’s discuss some possible list of reasons.
- Belkin range setup is incomplete
- Belkin extender connection issue
- Outdated firmware
- Wrong placement of Belkin extender
How to fix Belkin extender orange light?
Now, you can try some troubleshooting tips to fix Belkin range extender orange light issue.
Basic troubleshooting tips
- Power off your Belkin extender for at least 2 minutes. Power it back on and wait for 1 minutes. Now, check if your Belkin extender still flashing orange light.
- Check that your router is powered on and working perfectly. May be your router is not functioning and that’s why your Belkin range extender keeps flashing orange
- Place your extender nearby your router. If your extender is too far from the router, it could flash yellow or orange light.
Other ways to fix Belkin Range Extender Orange Light Issue
Check the internet connection
The Belkin extender connection issue can result in orange light issue. Therefore, make sure that the internet is working fine. To check the internet connection, connect your wifi device directly to the modem. If you are able to access the internet, you can continue following the troubleshooting tips. If you are not able to access internet, contact your ISP.
Update the Belkin extender firmware
- Visit Belkin support website.
- Download the latest firmware file for Belkin device.
- Now, visit belkin.range Belkin login page.
- Provide the Belkin extender login
- Go to the admin tab and click on the ‘firmware upgrade’
- Click on the browse option.
- Upload the firmware file that you have downloaded earlier.
This will fix Belkin extender orange light issue.
Remove physical and wireless obstructions
Physical obstructions can easily interface with the wifi signals therefore, you should make sure that you place your Belkin extender away from thick walls, drawers or cabinets; metal objects and glasses & mirror.
Wireless network interference can also block or interrupt the wifi signals. The most common sources of interference are- cordless phones, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, and baby monitor. Therefore, keep your Belkin range extender away from such devices.
Reset Belkin extender
If your Belkin range extender keeps flashing orange even after trying these above-mentioned troubleshooting tips then, you can reset your device to its factory default settings. To reset the device, you need to find and locate the reset tiny button. Press the button using a pointed object. When the light starts flashing, you can release the button.
This guide includes information on how to fix Belkin extender orange light. These troubleshooting tips will help to resolve Belkin extender connection issue.
If you want more details, you can contact our technicians. Our team is available round the clock to help you. Simply, call on their toll-free number. If you want, do a live chat with them.