We understand how annoying a situation can be when you are facing dead spots at your place. To get rid of such dead spots and weak wifi issue, you can install a Belkin range extender in your home or office. Belkin range extender can provide even high-speed internet connectivity in every corner of the place. However, it is recommended to go for Belkin extender firmware update from time to time in order to improve the performance of the extender
Why is it important to Update Belkin Extender Firmware?
It is advised to update the Belkin extender firmware from time to time to improve the performance of the Belkin extender. Belkin extender firmware update can add all the updated security features to your extender. It removes all the existing bugs and issues. Belkin firmware update enhances the features and functionality of the device. Therefore, in order to avoid the Belkin range extender issue, you should go for Belkin extender update. If you are not sure how to manually update the firmware of Belkin extender, you can follow the instructions given in this blog to get detailed information.
How to manually Update the Firmware of Belkin Extender?
There could be times when you face Belkin firmware update failed issue. In such a case, manually updating the Belkin extender is the best option. This section will walk you through the steps of how to update Belkin extender. Follow the instructions step by step for manually updating the firmware of your Belkin extender.
- Visit the Belkin support website.
- Enter the model number of your Belkin extender and save the firmware file on your computer.
- Now, sign in to Belkin extender setup wizard by using the default login address i.e. 192.168.206.1.
- You need to complete the Belkin extender login steps.
- Once you are into setup wizard, locate the tab ‘Administration’ and click on it.
- You will find the option of ‘Firmware Update’. Click on it.
- Press the ‘browse’ option to upload the downloaded file.
- This may take up to 3 minutes.
- Complete the Belkin extender firmware update. Do not reboot or turn off your computer.
- You will see the message ‘Belkin extender update is completed’
- Click the ‘Finish’ option.
These were the steps to update Belkin extender. In case, you are facing Belkin firmware update failed issue, you can resolve it by long-pressing the ‘Reset’ button with the help of a pointed object. The reset process will resolve the Belkin extender issue for you.
To know more details on how to manually update the firmware of Belkin extender, you can get in touch with our technical team. The team is available round the clock to provide you with assistance and to resolve your issues through their toll-free number or live chat window.